GC Invoker Utility or AGCInvokerUtility.exe stands for the Adobe GC Invoker Utility developed by Adobe INC. It came with the adobe applications and used to invoke or increase the utility or performance of the main program. You can see it like an addon or external program that helps the main adobe software.
If you are here reading this article, it means that a program called Adobe GC invoker utility has been disturbing your computer. There have been a few reports of this file misbehaving, which is why we answer the two most important questions people get bothered with when they first come across this file –
1. What Is GC Invoker Utility?
2. Can I disable it?
It is not all, but following the article will also equip you with the best methods to get rid of the this application.
You may also like to read about ‘What is the “MBN Test” app on Android devices?‘.
What Is Adobe GC Invoker Utility?
To begin with, we start with the very first question that hits the mind of people when they see the file in their task manager for the first time- what is it.
|What Is GC Invoker Utility?|
|Name of the File:||agcinvokerutility.exe|
|Part||GC Invoker Utility|
|Operating system||Windows 7, 8, 10|
|Path||C:\program files (x86) \ Common Files \ Adobe \ Adobe GC Client \ agcinvokerutility.exe|
Let’s start with the basics, agcinvokerutility.exe, as you may see it on your computer, is an executable file, which means it can run as a program. Stored in the C Drive under Program Files > Common Files > Adobe > Adobe GC Client by default, one can find it running comfortably in the Startup Processes when you open the Task Manager.
To answer the next question, we should know first that the agcinvokerutility.exe file is not harmful to the system. At least under normal conditions but there have been many reports of cases when the Adobe GC invoker utility startup has been found to act maliciously.
You may also like to read about ‘How to setup Actiontec GT784WNV Router‘.
Can I disable Adobe GC Invoker Utility Startup?
It is nothing new as the most number of viruses and malicious files come wearing the masks of executable files. The same is the case with this as well. A malicious file of the same name has been found attacking various computers affecting the performance of the system. The source of these harmful files named agcinvokerutility.exe is spammy emails or subversive banner ads on unsafe websites.
But few cases of malicious Adobe GC Invoker Utility Startup file does not confirm that the data is a virus and is harmful. When not affected, the file is required by the system for proper functioning, especially in Windows 7, 8, and 10. Which kind of answers the question ‘Can I disable this adobe program?’
The answer to this would be a yes when the file has become corrupted otherwise not. Which brings us to the very next question and an important one, i.e., if the agcinvokerutility.exe is found to be damaged, then how do we stop it from running in our system?
You may also like to read about ‘How to Make Your Own Google Gravity Pages Easily‘.
Adobe GC Invoker Utility: Best Stopping Methods
In case agcinvokerutility.exe in your computer has started misbehaving affecting the performance of your computer, try the methods mentioned below to disable the Adobe GC invoker utility right away and protect your system.
1) Try using Safe Mode
- Press the Windows Start key on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the arrow next to Shut down to view the power options.
- Now from the options, click on the Restart Button while pressing the shift button on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Now on the screen, navigate to the icon of Troubleshoot, and from the options select Startup Settings.
- From the advanced option, select the Restart option.
- From the options, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Check if the performance issues that you were facing earlier continues or not. If not, then congratulations. If yes, later try the next method.
2) Uninstall agcinvokerutility.exe From The Task Manager
- Simultaneously press three keys on your keyboard, Control (Ctrl) + Shift + Escape (Esc) to open the Task Manager
- Navigate to the Processes tab, scroll to find agcinvokerutility.exe.
- Right-click on the file and select Disable.
3) Uninstall agcinvokerutility.exe From The Control Panel
(Steps for Windows 10)
- Press the Windows Start Key on your Keyboard.
- Now navigate to Settings.
- From the options, click on Apps.
- Now using your mouse pointer find and click on the Apps and Features.
- Here select the malicious file- agcinvokerutility.exe
- Right-Click and click on Uninstall to get rid of the data.
(Steps for Windows 8)
- If you are using the Windows 8 operating system, then press the Windows Start key and C on your keyboard together.
- On the tab, select Settings
- Here from the options find and click on the Control Panel.
- Navigate to Uninstall a Program and click on it.
- Now, this part may take a bit of your time as you will need to find the malicious file, which is agcinvokerutility.exe, in this case.
- Click on it; you will get an option to uninstall it.
- Select it without wasting another moment doubting and get done with the virus.
4) Delete all related files from the registry
- On the keyboard of your PC or Laptop, press and hold the Windows Key and R together.
- On the Run tab, type in the word ‘Regedit’ in the search bar and press enter
- It will open the registry in a new tab.
- Now simultaneously press the Control (Ctrl) key and F together to start the find function.
- In the popped-up search box type the name of the disturbing corrupted file. Type in agcinvokerutility.exe.
- The above step will find the file you are looking for easily.
- Now select and delete all the highlighted files from the registry one by one until the search bar shows 0.
5) Remove GC Invoker Utility using Uninstaller
There is an additional way to get rid of this adobe GC Invoker Utility application using an external program from others that your system currently has. I think this method will work best for you in case all the above methods fail to solve your problems.
1) Download the uninstaller program and get its 18 MB file on your system.
2) Complete the installation methods by clicking the next buttons and reading the instructions.
3) finish all the things and start the program using its run icon from the desktop or using the search.
4) Now pick GC Invoker Utility from the list of the installed program and select it. Press the “Uninstall” button and finish the process to remove the whole application from your computer.
You may also like to read about ‘What is yourphone.exe? How to disable yourphone.exe? Windows 10‘.
Thank you for reading our article on ‘What Is Adobe GC Invoker Utility & How to Disable it?’. If you have any queries, please comment below. We would love to help you. Follow IndiaTechnoBlog for more tech related updates.
You may also like to read about ‘What is sedsvc.exe? How to delete sedsvc.exe?‘.