Are you looking forward to fix WSUS application pool keeps stopping error? Well, then you have landed on the right site where we will share some information on how you can fix WSUS application pool keeps stopping error. WSUS here stands for Windows Server Update Services and WSUS is used as an abbreviation for the same. This was previously known as Software Update Services (SUS). The windows server update service application pool is generally an application that runs under web series and WSUS website in Internet Information Services (IIS).
In simple terms, the Windows server update service is a network service and program developed by Microsoft Corporation. This program significantly helps in managing the distribution of updates and hot fixes which are released for Microsoft products by enabling the administrator to do so. So a few methods to fix WSUS from stopping are:
(IIS) Private Memory Limit method to fix WSUS Application Pool Keeps Stopping error
- Go to internet information services manager
- Then click on the server option
- Select the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) pool option under the application pools option
- An advanced settings dialogue box appears on the screen, search for recycling option and select it.
- Now find for Private Memory Limit (KB) under the recycling option.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you will easily be able to fix your WSUS keeps stopping error. The main reason behind why WSUS keeps stopping is because the default limit is just of 1843200KB and sometimes WSUS needs to use memory more than the default limit and so the windows server update service keeps stopping.
You may also like to read about ‘How to Access HEIC files on Windows 11?‘.
64-Bit and 32-Bit Applications
- Head towards the Internet Information Services (IIS) manager
- Browse the default website or the WSUS administration site.
- Double click on the Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI) filter
- The entry given on the screen may at times differ, so confirm if the given entry equates with ASP .Net v4.0
- Now make sure that the framework64 must be set as performable route.
The above mentioned steps are performed to run 32-Bit and 64-Bit applications with the help of an internet server application programming interface (ISAPI) filter which coordinates with framework 64.
In the above article, we have presented two complete methods on how to fix WSUS keeps stopping error, so that if any of the methods don’t show the desired results you may have a backup of another method. The methods in order to fix windows server update services (WSUS) are Internet Information Service (IIS) Private Memory Limit and 64 Bit and 32 Bit applications method. We can however commit that both the methods have been successful in overcoming the problem of WSUS stopping and can be fully reliable.
Detecting the problem behind why WSUS is continuously stopping can be quite tricky as it may continue to happen even after performing several actions. So if you have ever faced the problem of crashing of Windows server update service (WSUS) application pool, then you must definitely try either of the above mentioned methods right away!
Thank you for reading the article on How To easily Fix WSUS Application Pool Keeps Stopping
You may also like to read about ‘How to Download and Install Windows 11 via Insider Program‘.