Facebook has released a new Facebook mute dialog button on Facebook Messenger. When utilizing the social media platform, you might not want to get distracted by beeps and notifications from people messaging you on Facebook. The most common reason that somebody would delete and especially mute a Facebook Messenger conversation would be due to group chats.
Why can’t I Mute Someone on Messenger
Table of Contents
You can mute Someone on messenger and muting somebody is far better than blocking them because it’s still possible to get them on the platform, but you won’t receive their notifications. However, while you block them on messenger, then you certainly will not be able to receive messages from them or contact them.
You may also like: How to delete or deactivate your Facebook account
How to Mute Someone on Facebook Messenger
- Search Facebook Messenger in the menu and open it.
- Log into Facebook, If you aren’t.
- Search the person you would like to mute.
- After finding the conversation.
- Click on the conversation.
- Go to option and mute.
Alternative fix Mute Someone on Facebook Messenger
- Open Facebook Messenger app.
- Hold that chat which you want to mute.