How can I restart or reset my Garmin Vivoactive 4? In this guide, I demonstrate how to restart your Garmin Vivoactive 4 as well as conduct a factory reset on your Garmin Vivoactive 4. All user data on your watch will be erased if you do a factory reset. This is useful if you want to sell your smart watch or if you recently bought a secondhand Garmin Vivoactive 4 and need to delete the prior owner’s data.
To turn your Garmin Vivoactive 4 off, follow these steps:
- Hold down the top button on your Garmin Vivoactive 4 for about 15 seconds. The control menu will be shown. Continue to hold down the power button until the screen goes entirely black.
- To turn it back on, press and hold the top button.
- Please keep in mind that completing a factory reset will erase all data from your Garmin Vivoactive 4.
How to Perform a Garmin Vivoactive 4 FACTORY RESET:
- Hold down the back button (about 4 p.m.) until the Menu appears.
- When the Menu appears, scroll down and click the Gear icon to access the options.
- Scroll down and click on System.
- Choose Reset.
- Select the Delete Data and Reset Settings option. All data on the watch will be erased as a result of this action. To execute a factory reset, choose the checkbox at the bottom of the screen (hard reset). You will have to re-set your smart watch.