Want to add the new touch keyboard feature to the taskbar in your Windows 11? We are here to help you with this. In this article, you will come to know how to use the new touch keyboard features in Windows 11.
We will start with how to add the keyboard to the taskbar in Windows 11? And end up knowing all about the features of it.
Windows 11 comes with a Touch Keyboard feature that remains turned off by default. You can use this touch keyboard on a computer or laptop, which is not a touch screen. It is a handy application if your physical keyboard is not working or a few keys are not working. Even you can use this Touch Keyboard as a substitute for a mechanical keyboard. So let us know How to Use the New Touch Keyboard Features in Windows 11.
The New Touch Keyboard Features in Windows 11
Windows 11, the most significant update of the decade, comes up with various new and exciting features for its users. One such feature is the new-and-improved touch keyboard by Windows. Inspiring it with smartphone keyboards, Microsoft made it much easier to use.
If you prefer, you can even use the spacebar also as the cursor. The best part being that users can now use emojis on the newly redesigned touch keyboard to send a quick message to their loved ones and make their chats interesting and more engaging. As with phones, you too can type in Windows 11 by swiping and dragging.
Using the new touch keyboard, you can now type with your voice allowing you to send texts to others without having to hold a phone or keyboard. You don’t have to disrupt your flow to insert periods or question marks because it automatically punctuates. Voice commands are also available. If you want to erase the previous sentence, simply say “delete that.” These were the basics of New Touch Keyboard Features in Windows 11 let’s get in detail now.
How to Bring the Touch Keyboard to your Screen in Windows 11?
As discussed earlier, the touch keyboard in Windows 11 remains off by default and you need to pin it to the taskbar of your screen if you want to use it. Also, you can only activate it once you add it to the screen. Let us know the steps to pin the touch keyboard to the taskbar –
- Choose Start from the taskbar, followed by the Settings gear symbol. Click Windows + I on the keyboard at the same time to open Settings.
- Tap the Personalization category in the left-hand pane of the Settings app once it opens.
- Scroll down to the Taskbar tab in the Personalization pane on the right side of the screen and click it.
- Besides the “Touch keyboard”, there is a toggle. Turn it to on position.
The Touch keyboard icon would then appear on the right side of the Windows 11 Taskbar after you have completed the steps earlier in the thread. You can get to them by clicking the icon next to their names.
You may also like to read about ‘How to easily use voice typing feature in Windows 11 notepad’.
How to Change the Theme of the Touch Keyboard in Windows 11?
Also, unlike Windows 10’s monotonous on-screen keyboard, Windows 11’s Touch keyboard allows the users to use 17 themes. The following options are available to you:-
- Poppy Red
- Colour Pop
- Ice Blue
- Tangerine Tides
- Silky Dawn
- Lilac River
- Indigo Breeze
- Custom Theme
It’s also possible to customize the theme if you do not like the preconfigured Touch keyboard. Does it not make Windows 11 more useful?
This is what you’ll need to do to modify the Touch keyboard theme:-
- Go to settings from start.
- Go to the Personalization category in the left-hand pane of the Settings app once it opens.
- Scroll down to the Touch keyboard tab in Personalization’s right-hand pane.
- You can now scroll down to the right side of the page to see all of the keyboard themes available to you. Close the Settings app after choosing a theme. As a result, and no need to restart the desktop to apply the chosen keyboard theme.
These were the steps you need to follow to customize the theme of the touch keyboard according to your choice. Let us now know what steps you must follow to change the size of the on-screen touch keyboard?
You may also like to read about ‘How to Access HEIC files on Windows 11?‘.
How to Change Size of the Touch Keyboard in Windows 11?
Users can also resize the on-screen touch keyboard accordingly. Follow the steps given below to do so –
- In the upper-left corner of the keyboard go to the cog present.
- Select “Theme and Resize”.
- Alternatively, you can go to settings and open personalization, and select touch keyboard.
- From there, the keyboard size slider can be moved left or right by dragging. An adjustment will be immediately apparent if the touch keyboard remains on the screen for an extended period.
- Alternative: Scroll down and select Preview Changes Button to see what the changes look like.
You can now resize the keyboard anytime. What if you want to change the font size and not the size of the keyboard? We will guide you further.
How to Change Text Size of the Touch Keyboard in Windows 11?
It is possible to change the font size of the keys if you find them too small or too large.
- To access the Touch Keyboard, navigate Windows Settings > Personalization.
- Scroll down to the section on text size.
- There are three sizes to choose from: small, medium, and large.
You can see your customized keyboard in action by clicking the Open keyboard button in the View your changes in the View menu.
These were the exciting features of the new touch keyboard in Windows 11. The article gives complete information not only about the touch screen keyboard but also about the fantastic features of it with the steps involved to utilize the features. Users can avail of the perks of this on-screen keyboard’s features by following the simple and easy steps given in the article. Thank you for reading the article on ‘How to Use the New Touch Keyboard Features in Windows 11‘
You may also like to read about ‘How to Download and Install Windows 11 via Insider Program‘.